Thursday, September 29, 2011

General Conference..... and I love it!

General Conference brings back some of the greatest memories that I have. I still remember all the best times that are associated with Conference, like waking up in the morning with a waffle or pancake breakfast for the Saturday morning session of conference. I think it was the tradition of my family to do that for Saturday morning, because looking back I can't think of a time that it didn't happen. Not to say that there wasn't a time, I just don't remember it ha. And I also remember quite often we would go for a drive up to West Yellowstone State Park. We would have conference playing on the radio, and be driving through the beautiful environment. It really was a cool thing to hear conference as we talk about Jesus Christ and the many mighty miracles that he did, and while I am listening to that, I am also able to see with my eyes all the marvelous things that God has done for me in this life. All of the beautiful mountains that he has given us and all the animals that roam around that country are an amazing adventure to see. This world when I really look at it, is a testimony that Jesus Christ lives, and that there is a God. For there is beauty all around uncomparable to the creation of man. 
    Those are my favorite memories of Conference, being with my family, enjoying our traditional breakfast on Saturday and then going for a beautiful drive to see and to hear what great things God has done for me. I hope that I am able to create more memories that are just as good as the ones that I have right now. General Conference is a wonderful time for me, for God has given me many things to be happy and thankful for !

No comments:

Post a Comment