Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Baseball

     Yesterday we were in the backyard of a friends home and and they had a small ball that we were tossing around, and we had the bright idea to grab ourselves a large stick and play some backyard baseball. This is the best sport ever, just chill and relaxed and having a good time. I didn't hit a home run, but I made sure that I pulled a babe ruth and pointed out to the fence like I was going to smash it. I swung with everything that I had, and connected...... and right at the pitcher! Ha it was close but not gone.
  This got me thinking about playing college baseball over in Washington, and how much I love to play the game. Also how I was the only member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (Mormons). I always had people asking me questions about why I didn't drink beer, and smoke with the rest of the other guys, or why I didn't do other things of that nature, and why I went to church every sunday that I could. And to think that now I am serving a two year mission in rochester, New york for my church and helping the people here out. I see now the things that have led me to this point in my life and it is a truly amazing experience to be serving the Lord!!

No comments:

Post a Comment