Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Facebook

     What is the image that we put ourselves into. Today everything that we do can be seen by everyone else. Now I have never been one to try and hide the things that I do. If people want to know what I do, then I will tell them. If asked about a situation, I will give you a straightforward answer. I don't want someone to get the wrong impression of who I am other than what I really true. As a missionary, I am seen and heard by many. There is a lot of people who know who I am, and what I do, and everyday that image increases. I have all these people that see me in person face to face daily, and I want to let them know who I am, and what my values are. But how many see me virtually, through facebook. Believe it or not, my image is broadcast all over the internet as well. And regardless if I am a missionary or not, I want people to know my values.

         So now there is thousands of people who have seen my image and know who I am, yes thousands. The real question is how many of them know my values and who I am. I would hope to say that almost everyone that I have met knows who I am, and what my values are. There will always be the occasional few that I never told who I was, and later I always felt bad that I never told them who I am. Because I know who I am, and I want everyone to know it as well. My image is in everything I do, including facebook, whether being a missionary or not, whether my home account or my mission account. If I choose to live the life that I have chose; to be a Mormon, to follow Jesus Christ, I want to let everyone know who I am. I don't want to hide anything, nor do I want anything to hide. What I post on facebook is seen by everyone, and can lead people away from what is right if I am not careful.

     If you are a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, or are thinking of becoming one, or even just a good christian person that is following Christ, I challenge you to not let foul communication come forth from you, whether from you mouth, or from your fingers to the internet. Let your image be clean and be an example to everyone around you, let you light shine forth. If we choose to follow the example of the savior and his teaching more than ever now, the blessings that we can receive will be more than what we ever would expect. Be clean and let your little sins be swept away.

No comments:

Post a Comment