Friday, October 14, 2011

CLEAN AND HALLOWEEN

         During our last preperation day, which is our day for missionaires to get together and have some fun, we played capture the flag again. With all of us running up and down stairs, and jumping from concrete wall to concrete wall. Sometimes running at full speed, some of us are bound to get hurt a little, and some of us did.
           
        I was on my side, waiting for the perfect moment to make my break to the other side and free a prisoner of my team. After a few moments I saw my opportunity and I bolted through the gap. One of the other team came charging after me, but I knew that I was fast enough to make it to the other side and free my teammate. I ran up the stairs and dodged the tag, I was wide open, a clear path to go free them. Right as I made it around the concrete wall, I saw the mud puddle. I had forgotten that that was there, and I was running at full speed, there was no way to avoid it. One of my feet slid in the puddle and next thing I know I was flat on my face covered in mud. Just when I thought I was completely safe, the unexpected obstacle came up, and I was tagged and put into jail :(
Bat maze  How many times to we think that we are completely free, we think that we will be all right by taking that path because we know what lies ahead of us, and we will remain clean. Then the unexpected obstacle like the mud puddle happens, and before we know it, we have fallen to the ground, we have become dirty and satan has his chains upon us.                 
   
      As Halloween approaches, a lot of people like to have a lot of fun. They think they know what the obstacles ahead are, like what might be at that party, but they think that they are fast enough or good enough to dodge the obstacle. And maybe they will make it through one, but we never know when that unexpected obstacle will jump out at us. Halloween is one of the best times of the year, where friends get together and create great memories. Our Savior knows that we like to have fun, but he also wants us to reamin clean before him. As we have fun this holiday, remember the savior in all we do, that we may have another great holiday and yet remain CLEAN THIS HALLOWEEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment