Wednesday, October 19, 2011

World Series

It's the World Series, the greatest time of the year for baseball fans! When I was younger, I would always try to record the game so I could watch it over and over again, to see how the players played so well, so one day I could learn how to play baseball great myself. Maybe it paid off some, as I went and played baseball all through high school and beyond. As someone as dedicated to baseball as I was, it's hard to believe I am not playing it right now. Through the years I would play on the spring team, then during the regular season, the on the summer team, then on the fall team. And if I could have played on a winter team, I probably would have. It is safe to say I was really into baseball. 

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
     So why would I go on a mission and not continue baseball? The truth is I have a testimony of the truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ, and I would have felt worse to know that I didn't serve my God for two years when I had every opportunity to do so, then to play the game I love for two years. So why would I stop playing baseball if I had the chance to continue? Because I know what God wants me to do. I know the Book of Mormon is a true book, as with the Bible, and I know that there are a lot of people that do not know this. They do not know how merciful of a God we have and the plan that he has set up for us to be happy forever. If I can spend my whole life doing something I love, then why couldn't I spend two years teaching others about what else I love, and the love God has for them. My life will continuewhen I get back, but I never will have the opportunity to give 10% of my life to such a great cause again. I went on a mission to serve the lord and bring happiness to others, I was blessed to do what I love for my life before, and now I am blessed to love what I do now.


    

No comments:

Post a Comment