Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Michael Jordan??

     When I was younger, I loved to watch Michael Jordan. He was my favorite player of all time. I would always dribble the ball in the house on our wood floors, or I would go outside to our basketball court in the backyard, and I would pretend that I was Scottie Pippen and Michael Jordan, passing the ball aroud and making the winning basket to win the championship!!
     But there was one thing that Michael Jordan could do that I could not, Dunk it!! So one day, a guy came to our house and parked his truck underneath the basketball hoop. This was my chance to be like Mike ha. I climbed on top of the truck, took a deep breath and jumped!! And I dunked it !!!! But then came the preoblem how do I get down now? As I was thinking this, my fingers started to slip and down I went, slipped on a rock at the bottom, and Pow!! Forearm to the ground, and yep, a broken arm.


  Even though it seemed like a good idea at the time, I can obviously tell that it was a silly choice that I had made. The same goes for our lives. We all make mistakes, and though it may seem like a good idea at the time, when it is all over we realize how silly of a decision it was.
     This reminded me of the Atonement. Even though we make mistakes, we can always be healed of our mistake. And though my arm was broken, with the help of the doctor it was able to be mended. Even though our hearts may be broken, or our spirits from the mistakes we make, It can always be mended with help from Jesus Christ, through the atonement :)

                                           MORMON.ORG

No comments:

Post a Comment