Tuesday, July 26, 2011

C.O.M.M.I.T.M.E.N.T.

Frank Lloyd Wright - I know the price of success: dedication, hard work, and an unremitting devotion to the things you want to see happen.

   I am a missionary, and I have committed to do a lot of things. If fact I even have a whole entire white hand book and all the things that I committed to do when I choose to come out on a mission. I am not perfect, so obviously I am not a hundred percent perfect in all that I do, but I can try. So I was thinking of commitments the other day and some attitudes or attributes that might make me more successful in what I am trying to do while on my mission. These are some of the things that I have come up with. There are many ways for many people, but these are the things that will help with me ha. These are some of the things in the white handbook:  waking up on time, studying every morning, having the desire to go see more people when most do want to see you ha. My commitment right now is to memorize one scripture daily, and to give at least two compliments more a day than I do right now. Now lets see If I can hold up to my commitments. Whatever your commitments are, try your best as well :) 
Compromise: What I always want is not the best thing for me, even if I don't always realizes it at first.

HOpeHope has a goal, it has something that you are striving for, a commitment to yourself that you are willing to keep. 

Might: Without the effort of your might, you can never reach the goals that will make you soar, use your might to accomplush your goals.

Master: Seek to become a master at want you want to accomplish. To truly become commited to what you want, I believe one must try to be a master at what he wants. I am not saying you have to be a master, just seek your best to do your best.

Itegrity: Being truthful, and doing what is right even when no one is looking, suprisingly is something that can help you along your way. When you are sure within yourself that you are doing the right thing, then it makes it easier to go full force towards the goal and commitment that you want to accomplish.

Talking: Without opening your mouth and letting people know of the intentions that are seeking, keeping a commitment can be harder without the support of your people. Or without speaking because you are afraid can really slow the progression of what you want.

Moving: Action is required if you are going to reach your goals and commitments. "You can plow a field by turning it over in your mind" (Gordon B. Hinckley)

Egaged: Have a passion for what you want to accomplish and go for it, be engaged in things that are good for you, and seek after the things that will bring you closer to your goals.

Negative: Negative thoughts and attitudes are the deciding factor in whether you actually accomplish your goals or not. There is nothing more inportant to me than this catagory. If you let the negative thoughts become the focus of what you are doing, then you will never ever accomplish what you want. If you want to follow through on a comittment, you must be positive :)

Teaching: Being on a mission has helped me realize that the best way to help yourself learn , is to prepare like you are the teacher and are going to teach someone. The best way to learn is to teach.


     To Commit to something is to give a part of you to whatever you committed to. Commit to serve and to love those around you. There was no greater commitment than the Jesus Christ's commitment to do the will of the father. He healed the sick, clothed the naked, gave the hungry something to eat, and served all those around him. He committed his life to us that we may be happy! knowing what commitments the savior made, What commitments have you made in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment